Soy Candle Care Guide.
Our candles are made from 100% pure soy wax.
- We never add beeswax or other waxes and we use a complex blend of essential oils and perfume.
- Common paraffin candles are made from petroleum (mineral wax), which is considered not good for humans, pets or the environment.
- Each Aery candle has been tested to burn for the optimum results.
- Using clean-burning GMO-free European grown soy with lead free cotton wicks.
- With a little simple care and minimal maintenance your candle will produce a wonderful experience every time.
Trim the Wick.
- It’s important to trim the wick prior to burning, ideally to about 10mm.
- As with wicks on any candle, the carbon build-up can eventually fall into the melt pool and sink to the bottom which will effect the burn.
The Melt Pool.
- For the best results, burn your candle for 2-4 hours at a time.
- Allow the wax to melt right to the edges of the glass evenly each time achieving a full “melt pool” before extinguishing.
- Short burns may result in a “tunnelling” effect which can occur when the candle is extinguished after short burns and so is unable to produce a wide melt pool.
- Candles made from 100% soy wax have a ‘memory’ and ideally they should reach a full melt pool on first burns especially.
- If your candle is extinguished prior to allowing a full melt pool being achieved, it’s likely that following burns will not go past the first one.
- If this happens try leaving the wick long and not trimming prior to burning.
- If your candle starts to pool to one side it could be due to a draft or an uneven surface or a leaning wick.
- Fix this by adjusting the wick to the correct position.
- If you are experiencing smoke from the wick, it is most likely due to not trimming.
- The wicks may give a small amount of smoke when first lit however once they achieve ample heating they will burn without smoke.
- If smoke persists it is most likely a wick that needs trimming or a draft that is not allowing ample heat to generate.
- Ensure melt pool reaches the sides of the vessel on first burn, and ideally on all subsequent burns.
- Always trim the wick to 10mm before re-lighting.
- Clear any debris before each lighting
- Keep out of drafts and rotate periodically.
- Keep out of direct sunlight and sources of heat.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Burn within sight and never leave a burning candle unattended.
The vessel may become hot during use.
Never move a hot burning candle.