It’s January which mean’s officially time for a fresh start! Having a refresh doesn’t just have to be limited to your mind and body. Changing around your surroundings can also help you to take a break and freshen up your mind. One great way to do this is to give plants a new lease of life by repotting them!
Gardening is a great activity for the body and mind. Did you know that just 30 minutes of gardening can help improve your mood? It also gets your body active and helps you to breathe in some fresh air and blow all the cobwebs away! We recommend using our orbital candle holders for repotting to create an amazing and unique interior display! Repotting is a great way to help your plants keep healthy and grow by moving them to a new larger pot. It can also help freshen up your surroundings, so we’ve put together an easy guide to help you achieve this.
You Will Need
- A New Planter/Pot
- A Handful of Stones
- Gardening Gloves
- Extra Soil
- Watering Can
An Easy Guide to Repotting Plants
- Choose a New Planter- Usually plants need repotting when they’ve grown too large for their previous container, so make sure you choose a larger planter or pot to transfer the plant to.
Add a Handful of Stones- Adding a handful of stones to the new planter can help with drainage. It also helps stop soil from falling out whilst still allowing water to pass through.
- Add a Layer of Soil- Before transferring your plant to its new container, add a fresh layer of soil so your plant has a new place to grow. Make sure not to add so much that your plant is spilling over the top!
- Water the Plant- Watering the plant makes sure that it keeps healthy and helps all the soil to stick together during the move preventing any excess mess.
- Trim any Stray Roots- Before moving the plant, take this opportunity to trim off any unwanted growths or stray roots.
- Transfer the Plant- Move the plant into its new pot and press down firmly into the soil, making sure it’s upright and centred. Add new soil, pat down firmly and then water.
- Get Decorative! - Whether it’s adding a fun-coloured candle or painting a fun design on the pot, add a personal touch to the plant pot that’ll bring a smile to your face.